Thursday, January 4, 2024

Embarkation Day

 Getting onto the ship was a piece of cake and so smooth none of us could believe it. I got to my room and both of my luggage pieces that were forwarded were waiting for me at my door. The second suitcase I opened had a problem.  The bottle of Woolite I packed had exploded. I was able to salvage everything, my clothes were not affected, but the inside of the suitcase is covered with soap and so was my umbrella. I washed the umbrella off in the bathtub and let it dry there. I’m debating whether to do the same with the suitcase or just let it dry out. What a waste.

There are 22 in my group, 6 of them men. We all ate dinner together in the main dining room which took 2 long hours!  They are training a new crew so things should pick up. The food was great. 

We were to leave port at 4:30, but it wasn’t until 7:30 that we finally sailed out of port. I feel the side to side rolling of the ship but I am not seasick. Thank goodness. It is nice and warm today. I got my Brazilian visa this morning and had several copies made. My Sri Lanka one came last Sunday morning. Now I am less stressed. 

Cocktail party with our small group in an hour and then dinner again!

5 comments:

  1. Sounds good so far. Mike

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well,well, well. What a relief to have the Brazilian Visa!! Glad to know everything went so smoothley for the boarding, but sorry about he Woolite. Not too much damage. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Susan,
    Got your blog info from Ron yesterday> So happy to have it.Chuck and I will be following you!
    Share Pedersen

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, après quelques ennuis avec ta valise, le meilleur arrive avec ton visa ! Tu n’as pas le mal de mer, c’est le principal !Merci beaucoup

    ReplyDelete

Mindelo, Cape Verde

 Cape Verde is a volcanic group of islands with Portuguese roots. We rode up to the summit of the inactive volcano on a cobble stone, single...