Sunday, February 11, 2024

Hawaiian lei

 As soon as we disembarked the ship in Hawaii, we were given leis to wear. They were beautiful and fragrant. After all the allergy problems I’d had over the past week this was not something I wanted right under my nose so I quickly had a friend take a picture of me and then I gifted one of the dock hands the lei. Problem was, we then got on our bus and everyone on the bus was wearing their lei. I managed to get through the day with decongestants and lots of Kleenex. 


This carved tree was on the property of the family owned co op coffee production plant. No coffee was being produced on this day only purchased!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Mindelo, Cape Verde

 Cape Verde is a volcanic group of islands with Portuguese roots. We rode up to the summit of the inactive volcano on a cobble stone, single...