Saturday, April 6, 2024

Seychelles

 Unfortunately I’ve been in and out of the medical center the last couple of days, so I was not able to go on any of the great excursions while here. I did manage to take a few photos from my balcony though. After I was discharged, I did walk to the local grocery store called Hypermarket just to look around. It was not an air conditioned building. The fruit and vegetable aisles were interesting with lots of stuff I didn’t recognize and only in small quantities. The meat and sea food counters were refrigerated and small, but they carried all kinds of household goods. It’s just when the temperature is 100 in the shade, thinking about cooking a meal is not appealing to me. 

I managed once again to get lost on my way back to the ship and wandered around for another hour until I could find the terminal entrance. I could see the ship, but not get to the ship. Frustrated. I can’t trust myself to be alone anymore. 

Surrounded by mountains 
This is an energy efficient island with the wind mills that hardly spin around, and sun panels all across the ground. 

2 comments:

  1. Bonne nouvelle mais plus jamais seule.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you are feeling better, such a shame you missed the trips, ( try not to get lost!!)

    ReplyDelete

Mindelo, Cape Verde

 Cape Verde is a volcanic group of islands with Portuguese roots. We rode up to the summit of the inactive volcano on a cobble stone, single...